Ural 2003-2019 Changes & Upgrades
Most recent changes are listed first.
Many more changes for 2019 than in previous years!
- Precision honing for consistent sealing of rings at high temperatures.
- Improved surface preparation for cylinder bore reducing break-in time and increasing oil retention for longer cylinder life.
- Cooling fins increased in surface area by 20% for improved cooling efficiency.
- Cooling fins increased in surface area by 18% for improved cooling efficiency.
- Exhaust port reduced in length for decreased cylinder head temperature.
- Optimized intake and exhaust ports geometry for improved flow.
- Redesigned cylinder head covers with improved sealing.
- Gravity cast from NASA 388 provides superior heat resistance compared to forged pistons.
- Teflon inlaid skirt for reduced friction.
- Hard anodized crown and top ring groove for increased high-temp longevity.
- Manganese Phosphate coated compression rings.
- Top ring face inlaid with high-tech plasma-sprayed Molybdenum, offering increased durability.
- Phosphate-coated piston pin.
OIL CIRCULATION SYSTEM
- Improved oil pick-up design.
- Oil sump redesigned to maximize oil capacity without sacrificing ground clearance. Oil capacity increased to 2.6L.
FUEL INJECTION SYSTEM
- All new EFI system utilizing Keihin throttle bodies.
- Electronic idle speed control (EIS) improves starting and idle.
- Throttle position sensor (TPS) for improved throttle response.
- Fuel injector location has been optimized to spray directly at the intake valves for increased efficiency.
- Closed-loop EFI system with increased resolution for better fuel efficiency.
- System fuel pressure increased for improved fuel atomization.
- New self-priming, in-tank fuel pump with integrated filter and pressure relief.
- High-efficiency catalysts for reduced pollution without sacrificing power.
- All three wheels (including the spare) now utilize the same hub and are fully interchangeable. The rims are now supplied by a new vendor are made from improved aluminum alloy with superior strength and finish.
- Spotlight replaced with high visibility LED Fog Lights on Gear Up sidecar.
- New passenger windshield on cT model.
- New hydraulic/gas charged steering damper.
- New reed style magnetic float fuel sensor.
- Three new standard paint options (Slate Grey, Burgundy Satin, and OD Green).
- Electronic speedometer with built-in indicators.
- New wire harness with combination relay and fuse box under left side panel.
- Handlebar switch for sidecar spot-light.
- Handlebar parking brake lever, replaces rider side lever.
- Reverse / neutral foot pedal instead of lever.
- New stock 2/3 seat, replaces tractor seat.
- New sidecar seat with extra storage space under the cushion.
- Updated Tonneau covers.
- Numerous redesigned and improved internal components.
- New colors available in premium colors and finishes.
- New starter motor.
- Introduction of compressible fiber-aluminum gaskets to seal exhaust head pipes.
- Hydraulic brake switch.
- Modified wire harness.
- Modified throttle bodies and flanges.
- Gas tank with the fuel sensor baffle.
- Modified hydraulic dampener with increased stiffness and sealing.
- New trunk lid weather strip.
- New design of the oil deflector for the breather for 2WD models.
- Use of liquid paint on all body parts.
- Updated standard roller bearing used in the crankshaft.
- Updated welding for hydraulic damper mount.
- 3M Self-adhesive kick start bumper.
- New rear brake hose and cable mounting bracket.
- Relocated master cylinder with universal link rods.
- Redesigned rear brake pedal that is higher and more comfortable.
- New H4 headlight with housing.
- New tonneau covers, standard Sunbrella and vinyl for cT model.
- Plastic wheel hub covers for front and sidecar wheels.
- Introduction of universal spare wheel.
- Introduction of new EFI engine.
- Introduction of new cT model.
- New airbox with branch pipes.
- New hydraulic steering damp
- New aluminum triple clamps.
- Disk brakes on front, rear, and sidecar wheels.
- Redesigned wheel hubs.
- New final drive housing.
- Pre-formed fuel lines, breather, and brake reservoir hoses.
- New front brake reaction link.
- New Ural gas tank badges.
- New tank knee-grips with logo.
- Redesigned ignition key.
- New dashboard with updated indicator lamps.
- Front engine cover now featuring Ural logo.
- Improved clutch plates.
- New mirror design.
- New diamond sidecar step plate.
- New sidecar floor mats.
- New military hardware fasteners on all tonneau covers.
- Improved tire pump.
- 3M seam sealers for improved protection.
- New piston rings with tighter tolerances.
- New camshaft with improved materials and bearing surfaces.
- Improved 2 piece design for sidecar drive shaft yokes.
- New 2WD gear hubs for final drive and sidecar swing arm drive.
- New 1 piece intake branch pipes that eliminates center coupler and clamps.
- New paint options including more powder coated colors.
- New Aluminum rims on all models.
- Trunk locks standard all models.
- New Cordura (canvas) tonneau covers and aprons.
- New aluminum upper fork bolts.
- Improved high strength final drive ring gear bolts.
- Aluminum alloy rims for Patrol and Tourist models.
- Rocker arms with needle bearings.
- Bearing instead of bronze bushing on the camshaft.
- Polished ports of the cylinder head.
- Stainless steel on all tubular parts (bumpers, clips, handles etc.)
- 40mm Marzocchi forks for Retro model.
- Stainless steel exhaust pipes and mufflers
- Newly designed removable plate under the driver seat
- Standard (7/8′) handle bar size and removable risers.
- Bottom out travel limiter on sidecar swing arm.
- New NAK seals and SKF bearings.
- High quality 8.8 hardware used throughout.
- Complete new valve train including 7mm stem valves, sealed valve guides, hardened valve seats and stiffer valve springs
- New clutch springs
- Shock absorbers from Sachs
- Pivot bearings installed in place of bushings in both front and rear swing arms
- Tapered steering head bearings (SKF)
- Steel braided brake hoses
- New tool kit
- Ducati ignition system
- Herzog precision cut timing gears and oil pump gears
- Surfaced clutch plates for smooth operation
- Herzog shafts and precision cut gears for gearbox
- Reversed style drive shaft with larger spline surface area
- Improved 2WD engagement rod with UNI balls
- Improved front sidecar mount to allow more adjustment and negative camber
- SKF sealed wheel bearings
- Brembo floating disc on all models
- Improved sidecar truck hinges and handle
- Standard (7/8′) handle bar size and removable risers
- Bottom out travel limiter on sidecar swing arm
- NAK seals
- SKF bearings
- High quality 8.8 hardware used throughout
- New header fastening system for exhaust pipes
- Type V ignition (one-piece rotor)
- Floating disc on Retro/Troyka front brake
- Clutch linkage, different thrust bearing
- Mechanical rear drum brakes on Retro
- Petcock mounting on the tank without adapter
- “Upside-down” type of air filter
- Ducati ignition (late 2006)
- Neutral indicator off when reverse is “on”
- Drive shaft with longer splines
- Different style speedometer cable
- Front bumper for Patrol
- New bench seats
- New wire harness with power outlet in the sidecar
- Denso alternator
- Type IV ignition (outside location, two-piece rotor)
- Improved 2wd engagement lever (with fixing plate)
- Brembo disc brake
- IMWA 750 engine (different valves, camshaft, pistons)